Forgot to mention this in my previous post, but this last weekend I found the time to complete assembly of my new Pionier 450 S. My goal in the next week or two is to affix the keelstrip provided by the manufacturer back in about 1962. The keel’s worn in some places, but not completely through the skin which I hope will remain serviceable for the next couple of years. Assembled, this boat is beautiful and lightweight. I love precise way in which all the parts fit together. The gunwale or “thele” boards/stringers are a bit fiddly to attach fore and aft, but that was the most difficult part of the process. This kayak comes with a very interesting spraydeck, and the wooden seat-bottom attaches interestingly. Below are some rather bad-quality photos of the boat I took over the weekend.